Dlaczego Drutex
YouTube
Home page » News » News 2015 » The European Woodwork Center celebrates its first anniversary! 2015/10/07

The European Woodwork Center celebrates its first anniversary!

DRUTEX, the company that produces the highest number of vertical windows in Europe, celebrates the first anniversary of the European Woodwork Center. The first part of the production facility, that covers the area of 30 000 m2, was launched in October 2014. Thereafter, the company production capacity has increased by 40 percent.
 
The launch of the European Woodwork Center has been the biggest investment in Drutex history. The facility construction has been divided into two stages – the first one constitutes 54 percent of production and office space, the other one – the remaining 46 percent. Apart from enhancing the production capacity, the EWC also stands for higher automatization, increase in efficiency and production optimization.


The launch of the European Woodwork Center has been the biggest investment in Drutex history. The facility construction has been divided into two stages – the first one constitutes 54 percent of production and office space, the other one – the remaining 46 percent. Apart from enhancing the production capacity, the EWC also stands for higher automatization, increase in efficiency and production optimization.

One of the most important innovations within the EWC has been the modern system for glass loading, unloading and logistics. The hall has been equipped with cutting-edge glass polishing and hardening machines with their own air circulation system. The modern machine park also comprises the intelligent FlyOver feeding system that enables to accelerate the glass feeding and gives direct access to the glass assortment.

„Currently, we are producing at full capacity. Hence, we are happy to finish and launch the second stage of the investment in the first quarter of next year. The work proceeds as planned and right now we have reached the point when we are purchasing production equipment and machines. The second part of the hall will enable us to increase production automatization, and therefore, a faster development. What is more, it will be equipped with innovative systems and solutions” – this is how the production director, Bogdan Gierszewski, offers an update on the project.

The second part of the hall, of 194 meters length and 120 meters width, is another milestone in DRUTEX development. All the halls cover the area of 91.000 m2 and stretch across 35 hectares. The EWC, apart from production area, includes office space with the conference center and the support infrastructure. The cost of the EWC has amounted to 200 million zl. After the investment is accomplished, the European Woodwork Center will have the production capacity of 10000 windows a day and will enable to add new solutions to the wide product range.

Leszek Gierszewski, the president of DRUTEX S.A., sums up last year and presents an optimistic outlook on the company future: „Since the big opening of the European Woodwork Center in October last year, we have been growing dynamically and strengthening our position on woodwork market in Poland and abroad. We are working at full production capacity due to the clients’ great interest in our products. Therefore, the launch of the second stage of EWC is very important for us, since it will lead to the increase in production surface by other thousands

of square meters. We still have an appetite for more and we are not done yet.  We have an aptitude for that. We are a unique company. We believe in another philosophy of thinking and company management. To a large extend, we are independent. We are responsible for production of windows from A to Z, i.e. from mixing components, PVC profile extrusion, production of composite glass, windows, to transport – we do everything by ourselves in 100%, which forms the basis for our competitive advantage. I am sure that the following years will again confirm the efficiency of our strategy.”